I have always struggled seasonally with itchy, watery eyes, runny nose, and sneezing. For me though, it was all year long. Eventually, it would turn into horrible head pain which would lead to ear pain. Over and over again. The cycle never ended.
If only I knew then what I know now!!
One of the main reasons I started looking into essential oils was because I was tired of my kids always being sick. I knew we needed to get to the root of issues, and it wasn’t going to stop on the road we were on. I started researching how to get seasonal relief with essential oils.
I remember when I first got my Premium Starter Kit and was still skeptical. I had bought essential oils in the past and they didn’t do anything. So when my youngest son came in from outside and had a super runny nose, I went and grabbed my Lavender essential oil. I remembered reading somewhere that Lavender and Peppermint were the go to oils for relief. I diluted a drop of lavender in coconut oil and smeared it on his forehead and under his nose. He went back outside and honestly, I expected him back in five minutes to have his nose wiped.
But he didn’t need his nose wiped the next time he came inside. I was amazed. I kind of thought it was a fluke, so I tried it on my other two. Yet again, no runny noses after applying lavender. A couple of times I tried using peppermint, but it was too strong, even diluted. Now I’ve added lemon essential oil to the mix too. It’s excellent for behind the ears. Those are four essential oils that we are never without!
There are several ways you can use Lavender, Peppermint, Lemon, and RC to give you seasonal relief.
- We diffuse Lavender, Peppermint, and Lemon a lot in our house.
- Dip a cotton swab in 1-2 drops of lavender and swipe the inside of the nostrils. Alternately, use a drop or two and swipe it in the mouth, on the inside of the cheeks.
- Rub a couple drops of lavender between the palms of your hands, hold them over your nose and mouth, and inhale deeply.
- Rub the lavender and peppermint on the brow bones, over the sinuses, on the feet, chest, and/or throat.
- Apply lemon behind your ears, behind your jaw, and down your throat.
- Add RC to coconut oil and rub on your chest or feet.
- I have also gotten a spoonful of raw local honey and added two drops of lavender essential oil. It’s not bad. Sometimes I put it in tea also.