Want to learn about how to clean with essential oils? Here are 5 cleaners you can make yourself at home. No more worries about harmful chemicals.
Cleaning is an essential part of maintaining a healthy and hygienic living environment. However, many cleaning products available in the market contain harsh chemicals that can have harmful effects on our health and the environment. Fortunately, there is a natural and safe alternative to traditional cleaning products – essential oils.
Essential oils are highly concentrated plant extracts that are known for their antimicrobial, antifungal, and antiviral properties. They are not only effective in cleaning but also provide a pleasant and refreshing aroma to your home. In this guide, we will explore how to clean with essential oils and discover the many benefits they offer for a healthier and more eco-friendly cleaning experience.
There are several essential oils that are great for cleaning. The most popular essential oils are lavender essential oil, lemon essential oil, pine essential oil, cinnamon essential oil, Thieves essential oil blend, and Purification essential oil blend.
To freshen the air in your home naturally and without the use of chemical-laden aerosol sprays, simply diffuse Thieves essential oil blend, or Purification essential oil blend. Fill your diffuser with distilled water and add 10-20 drops of the oil of your choice.
Clean with Essential Oils | 5 Cleaners You Can Make
1. Household Cleaner
2. Kitchen and Bathroom Cleaner
- Fill a glass spray bottle with distilled water
- 2 drops Rosemary
- 4 drops Lemon
- 3 drops Eucalyptus
- 4 drops Lavender
Put water into a spray bottle, add the essential oils. Always shake before using, as the essential oils will float to the top. This spray can be used to clean all surfaces in the kitchen and bathroom, which means fewer bottles!
3. All Natural Window cleaner
Add vinegar to the spray bottle, water, and essential oil. Shake well before each use.
4. Permanent Marker Removal
- lemon essential oil
- damp sponge
My son drew his Daddy a beautiful picture on his desk with 3 permanent markers. I tried a Magic Eraser, soap, and water with some elbow grease, and nothing worked. As my last resort, I remembered getting permanent marker off my daughter’s face once with lemon essential oil, so I figured it was worth a shot. Ta-da! It worked!! Not even the faintest mark was left. It was amazing!
5. Bathroom Air Freshener
- 6 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- 6 drops of Purification Essential Oil
- 4 oz. glass spray bottle
- distilled water
Keep this bottle in the bathroom for a quick air freshener.
Here are some additional ways to avoid exposure to harmful chemicals in cleaning products
- Wear gloves and other protective equipment.
- Read instructions and warnings and use your cleaning products as directed.
- Look for products that disclose all ingredients – terms like “fragrance” or “surfactant” may indicate undisclosed ingredients.
- Keep the area you’re cleaning ventilated, or wear an N95 mask to limit exposure.
- Take special care with products used for more difficult cleaning, like drain cleaners and clog removers, as harsher solutions can cause serious and permanent injury.
- Avoid combining products, such as mixing disinfectants with everyday cleaners because dangerous fumes can result.
- Store all cleaning products safely when they’re not in use.