That sounds so vain! I am so not a beauty expert. When we were first married, I tried to sell Mary Kay. I even took out a loan!!! Why didn’t anyone stop me?!? A loan!! Seriously. Mary Kay consultants always look so put together. Their skin is flawless and their makeup is perfect. I wanted that too! It didn’t last long. I am so not a makeup person. Every time I tried to make myself look put together, I looked like I was applying for a clown internship. It wasn’t for me.
All that to say, my top ten beauty items might possibly just be your starting point. And that’s okay! I have included affiliate links, but I used all these products before becoming an affiliate. I would love to hear what your top ten must-have beauty items are too!
1. Coconut Oil. I love this stuff! I use it to cook, and I have a separate jar I keep in my bathroom. I wash my face with coconut oil, I use it as a moisturizer, body lotion, it’s so versatile! Coconut oil is also anti-fungal, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and an anti-inflammatory. I can’t remember the last time I bought face lotion. If you don’t have coconut oil, you need to get some.
2. Frankincense Essential Oil. I usually put a drop of Frankincense in my coconut oil face lotion. It’s amazing. Frankincense reduces scars, tones and lifts, and there are studies being done about the cancer fighting properties.
3. Homemade Deodorant. I know this sounds silly. But seriously, you don’t want to stink. This recipe has worked better for me than the brands I would buy in the store. It’s so much cheaper, and soothing, and it doesn’t contain crazy chemicals.
4. Moody Sisters Lip Balm. Everyday. Usually multiple times a day, I glide this across my lips. I love the mint, the mocha bean, vanilla chai is amazing. Every one I’ve tried, I’ve loved. I even let my kids wear it sometimes because I don’t have to worry about parabens, petroleum, or other harmful ingredients. Use the coupon code: TPWC to receive FREE shipping on your first order!!
5. Red Apple Eye Shadow. I was SO EXCITED when I learned about Red Apple. Not only is their eye shadow paraben free, it’s GLUTEN FREE!! YEA!! I have been wearing their Iced Mocha and Buttercream eye shadows. You can apply dry or wet. When I feel like I need to look a little fancy (haha! seriously. I need a makeup professional to help me.) I wet my eyeliner brush and stick it in my eye shadow. I love the versatility of eye shadows that you can use wet and dry. It’s like a buy one get one free!
6. Moody Sisters Natural Intense Dry Skin Cream. Especially in the winter, my hands (and legs) NEED this. When I use it regularly, I don’t suffer from dry cracked hands. We wash our hands so much during the winter and cold and flu season (affiliate link), my hands literally hurt. Until I found this dry skin cream. You have to try this. Don’t forget you can use the coupon code: TPWC to receive FREE shipping on your first order!!
7. Red Apple Lipstick. I’m usually a lip balm girl, but sometimes you need something a little more dressy. I’ve tried so many lipsticks. When I find one I love I know it’s a keeper. And I rarely wear lipstick, so it really becomes a keeper. I may or may not have recently found the lipstick tube that I wore on my wedding day, oh, almost 12 years ago. Yikes! Pink is my favorite color, but not all pink lipstick is created equal. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried the Audrey lipstick from Red Apple. Love it! It looks natural and yet pulls everything together. I think it’s a pink that would work with most skin types. And, it’s GLUTEN FREE!
8. Shea Moisture Baby. Specifically, their Shea Moisture Baby Head-To-Toe Wash and Shampoo Raw Shea Chamomile and Argan Oil infused with Frankincense and Myrrh. It smells so good. We use their detangler on my daughter’s oh so curly hair. Their body lotion. I’ve never tried anything from them that I haven’t liked.
9. Origins VitaZing Sheer Tint Moisturizer. It goes on like a moisturizer and yet feels light and gives me some color. And I desperately need color. I don’t have to worry about it looking cakey, two-toned, or feeling heavy. I started buying this as something quick to help me feel fresh as a new mom. It worked. I still use it. A little bit goes a long way.
10. Moody Sisters Organic Foaming Face Wash. While I wash my face with coconut oil at night, I need something foamy in the shower. I know, it sounds crazy, but I do! Seriously, if you have never tried Moody Sisters products before, you have to check them out.
So, what do you think? Do you use any of these products? Do you want to try any of them? What do you use?
Tuesday 17th of September 2013
Right now the only thing I use is coconut oil to wash my face and Burt's Bees lip balm products (the non-flavored stuff ONLY!) I also use their colored lip products on Sundays. Eventually I want to go all organic and paraben free with my makeup but I only wear makeup like once a week so I still have makeup I bought in college because the stuff lasts forever!!! Seriously!
My hair is frustrating because it's where the most product goes. I have tried countless kinds of natural and organic shampoos as well as tried the no-poo approach for several months and it always gets hard, brittle, tangly, and nasty looking. Dove shampoo and conditioner on the other hand make my hair lovely, soft, curl nicely. I've heard that Dove is one of the better of the name brand chemical-laden shampoos and they don't have a lot of the harsher chemicals like brands like Pantene. Dove is the brand I hate to love, keep trying to break up with but my hair can't seem to give it up. (Not for lack of trying though!) I also use Dove hairspray when I curl it (again, about once a week).
I have always used a crystal deodorant (several different brands), but lately it's been failing me so I just bought a stick of Primal Pit Paste that's coconut oil based. I should look into making my own but I don't have any essential oils and honestly just didn't want to deal with the mess of making it. I'm trying the PPP today for the first time so we will see if it works. The lavender smells SO GOOD!