Have you ever wanted something light and easy on a hot Summer day but you aren’t sure what to make? Cooking ruts are REAL.
Maybe you have to make a salad for a get-together but you have no idea what to bring.
Maybe you’re like us. We’ve recently adopted a new budget, and I’ve been trying to implement at least one meatless meal each week. It’s harder than it sounds! Trying to add variety while keeping the meal gluten and dairy free is even more difficult.
Sometimes I start throwing in a bunch of ingredients and hope they come together to make a great recipe. That’s where this Mediterranean Black Bean and Garbanzo Bean Salad started. I found inspiration from a package I saw while grocery shopping and used what we already had in our pantry and refrigerator. Lucky for me, we had just gone to Walmart where I bought.
Lucky for me, we had just gone to Walmart where I bought Bush’s Black Beans, Bush’s Garbanzo Beans, and Bush’s Pinto Beans (for Taco Night).
Surprisingly enough, it’s delicious, healthy, and super easy to throw together. Not all of the meals where I throw things together come out quite so tasty. Just ask my family. We’ve had some real doozies. This one though is YUMMY!
The greatest thing about this recipe is that you can make it ahead of time, put it in mason jars, and it’s a portable lunch for you and your adventurous eaters.
Mediterranean Black Bean and Garbanzo Bean Salad
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- feta cheese , optional but delicious
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon honey
- This recipe is super easy to throw together once everything is chopped, diced, and minced. It's the perfect salad to help get kids in the kitchen.
- In a large bowl, dump in rinsed and drained black beans, garbanzo beans, diced red onions, and chopped red pepper.
- Add in avocado.
- Pour in fresh lemon juice, olive oil, honey, and garlic.
- Then add chopped mint and parsley.
- Gently toss to combine, making sure to incorporate the dressing in the bottom of the bowl.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to meld together.
- Toss gently.
- Sprinkle feta on top if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
I can’t wait to hear what you think of this recipe! Tag @wdcornelison and @Bushsbeans on Instagram to show us what you cooked up!