Embroidery hoop art is my new obsession. I love them. The simplicity, the wood, the shape, I love it all.
While trying to come up with a craft for Valentine’s Day, I created a felt heart wall hanging that is actually perfect all year round. I’m going to buy several different sizes of embroidery hoops and use those to decorate the room my girl’s share. I may even let them decorate a circle with felt shapes we cut out. How cute would that be?
This felt wall hanging isn’t just for a little girl’s room though. They are perfect for Valentine’s Day decor, and filling space in your Gallery Wall. There are so many possibilities.
Felt Heart Wall Hanging
Small embroidery hoop
White, pink, red, and teal craft felt (you can also add in other felt colors you wish)
1. Begin by fitting the piece of white felt in-between the embroidery hoop. Press the hoops firmly together to secure the felt in place.
2. Take your scissors and trim the edge of the hoop clean. Cut off any extra white felt. Secure with glue, if needed.
3. Create a bunch of felt hearts in various sizes and colors. You can do any color combination you wish.
4. Add a dab of craft glue to the back of each heart and press to the felt. You can layer them as shown if you wish or place them on there in singles.
5. Add as many hearts as you wish. You can use my example for some direction if you wish.
6. Allow the hearts to dry. Your Valentine’s Day wall hanging is now ready to be displayed! Hang as is or use ribbon to hang it from.