Looking for gluten-free playdough? This recipe for pumpkin spice play dough is mom-approved and kid-approved for sensory, exploratory fun and gluten-free.
This is a perfect activity when it’s cold outside and you are looking for things to do inside to keep the kids occupied. Make up a batch and let their imaginations soar.
Did you know that playing with playdough can also help build hand strength? It does! This is super important as children start learning how to write.
Pumpkin Spice Play Dough
To Make Your Own Gluten-Free Play Dough, You Will Need:
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup baking soda
- 3/4 cup water
- 5 drops orange gel food coloring
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Directions to Make Pumpkin Spice Play Dough:
- Mix together your orange food coloring, water, and vegetable oil in a medium-sized pot
- Now mix in your baking soda, cornstarch, and pumpkin pie spice
- Turn your burner to medium-high heat and stir your mixture with a long wooden spoon
- You will see your mixture begin to bubble, get thicker, and then turn into a large dough ball
- Once your mixture becomes hard to stir, like your stirring cookie dough, take your pot off the heat and scoop your dough onto a piece of parchment paper and let cool (it will be very hot)
- Once your dough is cooked, you can begin kneading the dough in your hands, roll your dough out, and use cookie cookies to play with your dough
More Gluten Free Playdough Recipes
Apple Cider Play Dough – Simplifying Family