This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Boppy.
The opinions and text are all mine.
Sharing tips with you about how to Pamper Yourself During Pregnancy seems natural. It is of course, that wonderful time when you are overjoyed about the new addition preparing to make it’s arrival, run to the bathroom every 5 minutes, cry during every commercial, and itch like crazy because your skin is so dry.
Pregnancy skin is the worst.
You may have had perfect skin before you got pregnant, but all the hormones that come with pregnancy are doing a number on your skin.
Just as you need to take time for yourself when you aren’t pregnant, it’s important to pamper your skin while you are pregnant also. Not to mention postpartum. That should be a given, but it rarely happens. Believe me, I know.
All stages of motherhood have their challenges.
But here are 5 ways to pamper your skin during pregnancy, and some ways postpartum too.
5 Ways to Pamper Yourself & Your Skin During Pregnancy
1. Drink PLENTY of water. Regardless of how far along you are, go buy a big water jug (at least a 22 oz) and fill it up. Yes, you’ll be running to the bathroom a lot. At first. Once your body realizes your new habit, it will regulate itself. Not only will drinking water help keep your skin hydrated, it will help you stay regular, and your amniotic fluid should stay within the normal range. This natural way to pamper yourself is a must. Especially for the health of your baby.
2. Properly moisturize your skin. Especially during pregnancy, drinking water isn’t always enough to rid yourself of the dreaded “belly itch”. As your skin stretches, it needs extra moisture. Obviously, you want something free of parabens and phthalate.
The Whipped Belly Butter from the boppy bloom collection brought to you by The Boppy Company. It will be your “go-to” belly creme as your baby grows, especially if it happens in the dead of winter. It’s fluffy, but thick enough that you know it’s working.
It’s also perfect for postpartum bellies that need love too. While you may not have a baby growing in there anymore, you muscles and connective tissue are healing. By massaging your belly with the whipped belly butter, you are increasing blood flow to the tissue while helping the healing process. Your belly will thank you.
3. Stretch Mark Cream will be your new best friend. The scent is light, and it’s free of everything you don’t want to put on your body. Instead, it’s made of triple-moisture blend of shea butter, coconut oil, and vitamin e. All the good stuff that is perfect to pamper yourself during those long months of pregnancy.
I wish more people had emphasized the need for using stretch mark cream from the moment I found out I was pregnant. You’re growing a baby. You watch what you eat, what you drink. Taking small moments to do simple things like rubbing boppy bloom stretch mark cream on your belly are huge.
3. Take a walk. While that may be the last thing you want to do, your mind and body will thank you. There is something peaceful and relaxing about getting out of the house and taking a leisurely walk outside to breathe in fresh air. Exercise is a must during pregnancy, and even though you may not feel like doing it, you’ll quickly see it is an ideal way to pamper yourself as it gives energy.
4. Both while pregnant and postpartum, you should moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. The best time to do this is right after a shower or bath to seal in the moisture. I’ve heard this for years, but never believed it.
UNTIL I TRIED IT.
The boppy bloom renewing body oil isn’t greasy. Honestly, this is huge for me. No one wants to feel like a greased pig. The fragrance is light and not overbearing. While this is great during pregnancy, you better believe this will be on my shelf every winter.
5. After that sweet baby is born, if you have chosen to breastfeed, you need to invest in a soothing breast balm. After four babies, I’ve used my fair share of products. Most are so thick it’s hard to squeeze it out of the tube, let alone rub it onto sore, cracked nipples. I was surprised to find that the bop look soothing breast balm was just the right consistency. It’s lanolin free too! It was greasy, unlike some. It’s also safe for baby. You won’t have to wipe it off right before a feed, which let me tell, that can hurt.
Bonus tip: Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Motherhood is hard. But you aren’t alone.
Don’t forget to pamper yourself and your skin throughout pregnancy. These tips and great products are a perfect place to begin!