Shopping for a preschool is harder than you think. Here are kid-tested gift ideas for 3 year old boy. No socks or underwear on this list!
The next time you’re wracking your brain trying to figure out what to get a little boy around the age of three, here is a great place to start! Some of these links are affiliate links which means I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase.
The next time you’re wracking your brain trying to figure out what to get a little boy around the age of three, here is a great place to start! Some of these links are affiliate links.
I will say that my son picked these out, so I can not be held responsible for the aftermath. This is what he has asked for or picked out himself, so you know they are things a 3-year-old will like. No socks and underwear on this list!
Shop through the affiliate links below!
Gift Ideas for 3 Year Old Boy
- Discovery Kids 69-Piece Wooden Castle Block Set. We don’t have the castle blocks, but my son is all about castles and knights, and pirates. He loves to pull out our Haba blocks and build towers. Of course, he also likes to knock down his sister’s towers. But they could sit and just build different creations. I love it!
- Alex Toys Rub a Dub Shaving in the Tub. Daddy has to shave every day for work, so of course, our oldest son wants to shave too. He already likes to play with the little brush. This way he can “shave” safely.
- Battat Take-A-Part Airplane & Roadster Exclusive Combo Pack. He loves to build things and take them apart. He’s also all about airplanes, cars, and trucks. This is the best of both worlds!
- LEGO Jakes Pirate Ship Bucky and the LEGO Never Land Hideout. Jake and the Neverland Pirates are very popular in our house. As are blocks. Sometimes the blocks that connect are a little less frustrating at this age because it’s harder to knock them over. And you can combine the love of Jake with the desire to build and create!
- Plan Toys City Road and Rail Oval Railway. Every time we go somewhere with a train table, he runs to it. While we don’t watch Thomas, we do occasionally watch Chuggington. But I think there is just something about boys and things with wheels. Trains are no exception.
- Disney Doc McStuffins Doctor’s Bag or Haba Doc Haba. Maybe it’s an obsession with Doc McStuffins. Maybe all three year olds just really like doctor kits. I’m not sure. But I do know that he and his sister, and the youngest one, play doctor all the time. Of course they do it while singing the Doc McStuffins theme song.
- Melissa & Doug Deluxe Standing Easel. He is an artist. Give him a pen and paper and he would sit at the table for hours and draw. He also loves flannel boards and doing things with his hands. Chalk is a must-do activity on the sidewalk during warm weather. This is like a three in one toy. It’s an easel for art, chalk when he gets tired of pens or paint, and a magnet board when he wants to do something else.
- Juratoys Maxi Cooker Chic. He still loves to “cook”. Today he got so sad because his younger brother was “cooking” dinner because he wanted to be making me dinner. I’m sure they eventually outgrow kitchens, but age 3 is not that time.
- Plan Toys City Series Airport. He has a little plastic airplane that he “zooms” around the house most of the day. He got really excited when he saw this playset. He’s actually into little figures right now and loves to put little people in cars and trucks. He has a wooden firehouse that he begs to play with. An airport would be right up his alley.
- Wonderworld Little Tool Box. He loves going around “fixing” things. Having a toolbox like Daddy’s would be extra special.Plus it would help with fine motor skills to be tightening bolts and screws on the toolbox.
I hope these ideas have helped you in your gift shopping for the little boy in your life. Sometimes they are really hard to shop for. At least that’s been my experience.