What’s better than pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving? A Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Tart of course! This recipe is easy to follow and results in a delicious and festive dessert. Best of all, there’s no need for a crust so it’s quick and simple to make. Serve this tart at your next Thanksgiving gathering and your guests will be impressed!
Fall is my favorite.
The leaves on the trees change to vibrant oranges, reds and yellows.
Pumpkins. Falling Leaves. Cool-weather. Wearing sweaters again. Boots.
What is there not to like?
Unless you live in Florida. It’s still in the 90’s with high humidity here, but one can hope the cool temps return soon.
I love all things pumpkin spice. I can’t get enough of pumpkin pie, and I always look forward to the first sip of a pumpkin spice latte. Even pumpkin donuts are on my list of must-haves during fall.
I am a pumpkin girl.
I adore pumpkin pie. It’s my go-to dessert at Thanksgiving.
I get excited when I see it on the dessert table. I love its rich, pumpkin-y flavor and my secret ingredient in the filling makes it even more delicious.
But sometimes you need something less heavy after the big meal. That’s why I’m bringing you this Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Tart recipe. Delish!
It’s not heavy, but oh so yummy.
I can’t wait to hear what you think!! Make sure to leave me a comment below.
Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Tart
1 ½ C Pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
1 T Sugar
2 ½ C TruWhip Whip Cream
1 sheet Prepared Pie Crust, thawed
½ tsp each Cinnamon and Sugar combined for serving
Preheat oven to 375
1. Lightly spray tart pan. Fit pie crust into pan and push up halfway up sides of pan. If using a rectangular tart pan, cut excess off the sides with extra dough and paste onto the short ends of pan.
2. Using a fork, prick the bottom of the crust all over. Using a piece of parchment paper or foil, lightly fit onto the dough and fill with beans to blind bake the crust.
3. Bake for approximately 15 – 20 minutes or until the crust is cooked and browned.
4. Take out of the oven, remove beans and paper, and let cool.
5. In a bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, spices, and sugar until well incorporated. Add 1 ½ C of TruWhip Whip Cream and mix well.
6. Spoon into cooled tart crust and level off.
7. Fill a sandwich bag with 1 C of TruWhip Whip Cream and snip a small end off the corner. Pipe the topping onto the tart in any way you desire. Alternate way is to simply lightly spread the 1 cup of cool whip with a knife and level smooth.
8. Freeze tart until frozen through (minimum of 2 hours).
9. Upon serving, remove from freezer and let stand for 10 minutes. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mix on top and serve.
Thanksgiving is just around the corner and that means it’s time to start thinking about festive recipes! This Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Tart is easy to follow and results in a delicious and impressive dessert. Best of all, there’s no need for a crust so it’s quick and simple to make. Serve this tart at your next Thanksgiving gathering and your guests will be impressed! What is your favorite pumpkin treat? Let me know in the comments!