The best place to celebrate the 4th of July is Washington DC. The pomp and circumstance is unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. There was a sea of people and the whole town was decorated in red, white, and blue.
We visited monuments, walked through museums, and watched tears fall as we walked through the Holocaust Museum. While I was just in middle school, visiting Washington DC that Summer made a huge impact on me.
Of course a trip like that isn’t possible for everyone.
Independence Day is a huge celebration in the United States – why not go all out with some themed food for your party?
In the past we’ve gathered together with friends, had a cook-out, and lit legal fireworks before putting the kids in bed. Thankfully those friends also eat real food and are gluten-free. If you’re headed to a cookout or potluck meal, take one of these meals.
These recipes are all made from real food, fresh ingredients that taste great on a summer night.
- Red, White, & Blue Parfait on The Antidote Life
- Red, White, & Blue Cheesecake-Stuffed Strawberries on Snappy Gourmet
- Patriotic Popsicles on Oh Lardy!
- Fruit Flag Skewers on Nourishing Minimalism
- 4th of July Berry Cobbler on Life Made Full
- Red, White, & Blue Muffins on Farm Fresh Feasts
- Red, White, & Blue Popsicles on Fresh Bites Daily
- Patriotic Waffles on It Takes Time
- Patriotic Fruit Salad with Spiced Rum & Honey on Nourishing Minimalism
- Hibiscus Strawbery Iced Tea Cooler on Recipes to Nourish
- Red, White, & Blue Potato Salad on My Recipes
- Red, White, & Blue Summer Salad on Real Mom Kitchen
- Blueberry & Strawberry Jicama Salsa on Two Peas and Their Pod
- Red, White, & Bleu Slaw on Taste of Home
- Patriotic Fruit Pizza on Skinny Taste
- Couscous Fruit Salad on Noble Pig
- Red, White, & Blue Potato & Beet Chips on Epicurious
- Patriotic Brownie Stars on Real Raw Kitchen
- Red, White, & Blue Almond Milk Smoothie on Heather’s French Press
- Patriotic Paleo Cobbler Bars on The Healthy GF Life
What is your favorite real food recipe for the 4th of July?