Do you love lemon meringue pie but find a whole slice is too much? These easy mini lemon meringue pie cookie cups will be perfect!
I’ve included both a gluten-free cookie recipe for the cookie cups and a non-gluten-free version. Make sure you look at the right recipe.
They are perfect for brunch, baby showers, individual desserts, birthday parties, holidays, and anytime you don’t want to eat a whole pie, and just want a taste. I kind of like to call the cheater lemon meringue mini-pies because there are so many baking hacks you can use.
This recipe could easily be three-ingredient mini lemon meringue pies if you use a package of sugar cookie dough, store-bought lemon curd, and marshmallow fluff. How easy is that?!
Enjoy! I can’t wait to hear what you think about these mini-treats.
Mini Lemon Meringue Pie Cookie Cups
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose, or gluten-free flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons butter, optional
1 cup marshmallow fluff
- *NOTE: you can replace the lemon filling with store-bought lemon curd.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together 1 cup sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt. Stir in water and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in butter.
- Place egg yolks in a small bowl and gradually whisk in 1/2 cup of hot sugar mixture. Whisk egg yolk mixture back into remaining sugar mixture.
- Bring to a boil and continue to cook while stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat.
- Grease a muffin or tart tin and press 1-2 Tablespoons of cookie dough into each indentation and press to shape into a cup shape (start along the bottom and sides of the indentation).
- Bake the cookie cups for 8-12 minutes (will vary depending on the size of your tin).
- Set oven to broil.
- Fill each cookie cup with 1-2 Tablespoons of the lemon filling.
- Then top with a Tablespoon of marshmallow fluff.
- Place all of the cookie cups under the broiler for 2 minutes, or until the marshmallow topping appears golden.
- Let cool before serving.