The Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch will open its gates beginning Wednesday, March 1, 2023, with its 2023 theme of “Live Colorfully” inviting visitors to take in the striking beauty daily between 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
How to Plan A Trip To See The Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch
Planning your trip to see the amazing and most famous flower fields in California will be easy with this Plan Your Day Guide.
Single-ticket admission is:
- $23 for adults,
- $21 for seniors 60+ and military,
- $12 for children 3–10, and
- free for children under three.
Season passes are $48 for adults, $44 for seniors 60+, and $24 for children 3–10, with group tours also available.
Advanced tickets are available for purchase by visiting The Flower Fields website. The Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch is located at 5704 Paseo Del Norte, Carlsbad, CA, 92008.
The Flower Fields feature nearly 50 acres of Giant Tecolote Ranunculus, a flower renowned for its large, double-petaled blooms that sit atop tall, straight stems. Activities worth return visits (and the season pass) include:
- Tractor Wagon Ride ($8 for adults and $4 for children): Tickets can be purchased after you enter The Flower Fields and include an open-air and audio commentary of the history of The Flower Fields for visitors’ enjoyment.
- U-Pick Blueberries: Enjoy our seasonal 2-acre U-Pick blueberry patch based on seasonal availability. Purchase 1-pint baskets for $5 each at the blueberry stand to enjoy the U-Pick experience.
- American Flag of Flowers: Red, white and blue petunias strategically planted on a 300 by 170-foot hillside pay tribute to the United States.
- The Artist Gardens: Imagine your favorite painting transposed into a colorful garden using flowers as an art medium. The displays of spring flowers are as instructive as they are beautiful. Each illustrates how color can be used and enjoyed in gardens at home.
- Historic Poinsettia Display: Stroll through memory lane, a 1,500-square-foot greenhouse filled with the world-famous Paul Ecke poinsettias.
- Demonstration Garden: The Flower Fields are lucky to have the Master Gardeners of San Diego County create its beautiful Demonstration Garden. This garden features 9 vignettes appropriate for small spaces or for those looking for earth-friendly practices.
Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch
For over sixty years, Mother Nature has transformed the rolling hills of North San Diego County into one of the country’s most spectacular and coordinated displays of natural color and beauty. The fifty acres of Giant Tecolote Ranunculus, a flower renowned for its large, double-petaled blooms that sit atop tall, straight stems, come to life again at The Flower Fields in Carlsbad, California, beginning Wednesday, March 1, 2023. The Southern California attraction’s 2023 theme of “Live Colorfully” is fitting as the seemingly endless rows of color-coordinated blooms create a strikingly beautiful backdrop that immerses visitors in floral splendor.
“Visitors can’t help but smile here,” says Fred Clarke, General Manager of The Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch. “We are first and foremost, a sustainable working farm, and each spring The Flower Fields invites our visitors to ‘live colorfully’ via our rainbow of ranunculus. It is our distinct honor to serve as a multi-hued backdrop to so many family trips, romantic dates, and even proposals and weddings. We look forward to all the memories in the making that 2023 holds.”
For the 2023 season, The Flower Fields is thrilled to introduce new events like the Meditation and Sound Healing Workshop, a Flower Design Workshop, and Toddler and Me Yoga Story Time themed around plants and flora.
Flower frolickers and annual visitors will be greeted by the return of fan-favorite programming like the live outdoor music series, Tea in the Garden, and Flower Flow Yoga among other experiences like the American Flag of Flowers, Tractor Wagon Ride, Artist Gardens, a Sweet Pea Maze and Cymbidium Orchid Greenhouse.
Special events will also be sprinkled throughout the season, from Kid’s Day on March 25 to a Canon Photography Workshop on April 16 with the season capped off with its iconic Mother’s Day Celebration on May 14.
There are also educational programs at the Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch.
Carlsbad Ranch | North County San Diego
Located in the City of Carlsbad in North San Diego County and nestled in the heart of one of the most beautiful and productive working flower ranch areas in North America, Carlsbad Ranch is located less than one half-mile from the ocean, within five minutes of several prominent hotels, and a short drive from two international airports (Orange County and San Diego). A working flower and specialty crop ranch, The Flower Fields is an essential contributor to California agriculture and related jobs.
Planning a trip to visit the Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch? Make sure to check out these San Diego hidden gems.