By Whitney Cornelison | Simplifying Family
Beginning May 27, 2022, guests visiting EPCOT better get ready to crank up the mixtape and blast off on an intergalactic chase through time and space in Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind!
This new family-thrill coaster matches the fun of the “Guardians of the Galaxy” films, featuring the legendary cosmic outlaws – Rocket, Groot, Drax, Gamora, and Star-Lord (a.k.a. Peter Quill).
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind offers several “firsts,” including: – The first coaster attraction at EPCOT. – The first reverse launch for a Disney coaster.
– The first Disney Omnicoaster, where vehicles make controlled rotations to always keep guests focused on the action. – The first Walt Disney World attraction to feature the Guardians of the Galaxy.
1. Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind is the longest fully enclosed coaster in any Disney theme park and one of the longest enclosed coasters in the world.
5 FUN FACTS
2. A Starblaster ship rests in a docking stand outside the Wonders of Xandar pavilion, the first full-size version of this Xandarian ship ever built.
3. The attraction covers more than 200,000 square feet, with its main show building stretching longer than an American football field.
4. Disney Imagineers were on the set of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” to film with the Guardians for this new attraction.
5. Tyler Bates from the “Guardians of the Galaxy” films created more than two hours of new music for the attraction’s score.
SWIPE UP FOR ALL THE DETAILS ABOUT EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: COSMIC REWIND.